RSS Feeds

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sad but True



" Police said it appears no one in the family knew about the woman's pregnancy.





Emergency medical workers who were called to the home found the woman unresponsive. Officials wouldn't reveal her name. They said it appears her triplets were carried full term. " -MSNBC

Is this really the country we live in? I hate to talk bad about the dead, but there is about only a few ways a woman could be pregnant with triplets, carry them FULL TERM and not know about it, or have anyone else know about it.  Yes, I'm going to say them. She's either too obese to realize that she had gained any weight, which made everything seem normal... Or, she had the opposite problem and was barely eating anything which caused the triplets to be malnourished.  I realize this a heavy subject (pun intended? too soon?) but what is wrong with our country when no one notices this?




I mean, sure I'm overweight, I have family and friends that are too, but I don't know anyone that would not realize they were pregnant with triplets. I know skinny people too, people who are so conscious about what they eat that they don't even appear to enjoy themselves. Even those people would know if they were carrying 3 babies around in their 6 packs. Now I will admit, there could obviously be other reasons for this, I'm not a doctor. I just think any normal person would notice their increasing appetite for 9 months, and the expansion on your stomach to the size of a hot-air balloon. I'm a guy, I don't know what it feels like to be pregnant, but I know plenty of women who have been pregnant and the general consensus is that they knew. Even before they took a test. I don't know, this is just a sad story, maybe a little much for my first week, but we've got to change something people. This kind of stuff shouldn't happen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment